CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Camping at Waskesiu Lake

Yes I went camping! We camped over night at Waskesiu Lake in the PA National Park. The girls thought it was great. I thought it was a lot of work, but we did have a fun time. Thanks Becky and Armes for the invite. Becky was a good sport seeing that she was 8 mos. pregnant, and the second day it was 37 degrees. Walker and I slept in the back of the van after playing musical beds. I was happy that I had the idea of getting the closest camp site to the bathroom. (between me and four little bladders we were making the short walk a lot) They are drinking hot choc. that Eric made them. We roasted hot dogs for supper (the classic camping meal) and for dessert smores. We forgot our tarp so we shared the Perrett's! We were very close almost like we were in the same room with a just sheet between us. Good thing we are good friends.
The kids thought it was funny to make faces at Eric video taping them. They always have so much fun when they are together. Ry and Rue seem to have this bond from birth. They are 10 days apart, and when Rylee was ten months old Becky baby sat her for me when I went back to work. Taya and Briggs are three weeks apart. We were actually due on the same day, but I had Taya 2 weeks early and Briggs was a week over due.

Waskesiu Lake! The kids had fun on the beach and playing in the water. Rylee could walk probably half way out with her head above water.
Walker wouldn't look at the camera, he played in the sand and water for probably an hour. A true boy.

3 comments:

becky said...

There's a rather large woman in the background of one of your pictures!! I know I'm still pregnant but I try to forget how big I actually am! By the way you were a very happy camper, it was a lot of fun!

Debbie Jo said...

I can't believe you actually went camping! I'm sure Eric appreciated that! Its not so bad is it?

Christy said...

Jen-- I'm so proud of you. Your camping trip looks like it was a lot of fun:)