CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Quilting 101

One of the goals I made for myself this last year is that I was finally going to learn how to sew. I took a quilting class with a few friends. I made a patch quilt and it turned out pretty good for my first time. I don't have a picture yet, but it is on display in my mom's living room. This is my attempt to make my second quilt with no help. Thanks goodness this photo is very forgiving. I am not sure how one end ended measuring an inch longer than the other. I am sure Rylee or Taya won't notice. The girls have been begging me to make them blankets. They love to cuddle on the couch. So here is one of them. The second one will be coming soon. It isn't quite finished I have yet to learn how to applique. Hopefully Heather will give me a lesson next week. She has been my mentor in sewing. So Christy this picture is for you. I spent about 5 hour sewing tonight so I could post it.

14 comments:

Karen Baker said...

hey, looks good jen! love the fabric, where'd you find the pattern?

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

One more thing we can do together in C-brook; Sew and Quilt!!

ec said...

so cute!

Jen said...

Thanks! The pattern is actually Heather's. It has a flower and an monogram appliqued on. So it will look a lot better when it is done. And yes Christy I am excited to have you to quilt with, run with, shop with...

Sharon said...

Wow! I just love it. You're amazing!

Christy said...

it looks so good. i'm so proud of you, you little susie homemaker ! lol. ry and taya are "sew" lucky ! now you'll have to teach me :) i can't wait to see the one you did for mom.

Jackie S. said...

Great Job Jen!!! I LOVE the fabric...is it Amy Butler?!?!

The Lawlor's said...

Good work! It look AWESOME!

Andy said...

great job.. it is so cute!

lanni said...

woohoo! very impressive.

Life as a Kenessey said...

Hooray for you....I ALWAYS say that I would love to learn how to sew....but then I never bother...so way to follow through!!!

The Coopers said...

Great Job jen!! looks so cute!

missLaura said...

That is such a cute blanket!

Debbie Jo said...

You have talent Jen! Sewing AND working AND running a household!